Recently my new friends over at Leapfrog provided us with their new LeapPad2. Yall- it.is.AMAZING!!!! Seriously, I can’t say enough about how fun this tablet is!
1. It gives my iPhone a much needed break from Bud’s little raccoon hands.
2. It’s totally educational! It has some apps that are definitely way over Bud’s head but there are some that he can interact with that I approve of. Tons of alphabet games, he loves the Pet Pad app, and the Sesame Street videos. And don’t even get me started on how much he loves the KidsBop music app! You know the boy can dance so just imagine having his own little tablet to play music.
3. It’s so durable and the battery life lasts forever. Within the first day of Bud playing with it, he threw it on the ground and tried to eat the puppy on the screen and it’s still going strong sooooo I’d give my stamp of approval for its durability!
4. It’s totally adorable to see him sitting next to me doing his “work”(wildly trying to touch the letters that fly across the screen for him to learn) on his tablet while I’m doing my “work” (wildly dropping outfits on anthropologie.com into my wishlist).
5. Unlike most child toys, I don’t want to jam peanut butter in my ears to drown out the obnoxious noises coming from the machine. The apps on the LeapPad2 aren’t obnoxious and there are even times I’m tempted to teach Bud a lesson in sharing so that I can play the games too!
All in all, I highly recommend this tablet for your kids. It’s educational, engaging, and gives mama some sanity on rainy days or long waits in the doctor’s waiting room!