It’s been a crazy week over here in La La Land.
1. When our son was born, we both looked at each other and laughed because he did not look like a Daughtry. He looked like he needed a tougher name so our son has officially been “named”. Welcome to the world Samuel Daughtry Metzler, Junior aka “Bud”. Sam kept calling him that and it sounded so natural. And during labor/pushing I remember talking to him saying, “Ok bud, lets do this together.” So, Bud it is.
2. I had a lot of theories about feeding schedules and sleep schedules. I’m an idiot. This has been the most humbling but incredible experience so far. I’m learning about balancing the schedule with assessing Bud’s needs. Adjustment and flexibility are the words of the day around here.
3. I gave him his first sponge bath yesterday and while you’d think he’d love water, he did NOT like to be bathed. But he did look PRECIOUS in his towel.
4. I thought that I’d never be one of those moms who couldn’t manage to get out of her sweats and put on make-up… until this week. Bud eats, needs awake time, and then sleeps… rinse & repeat. By the time I finish feeding, I swear it’s time for him to feed again. Praise the Lord breast feeding is going well. We had a good night last night where he was only up every 3 hours. I’m soaking up the moments I have with him when everyone else is asleep and we have the greatest conversations. Usually about politics and solving the world’s problems… or how cute baby poots are.
5. I realize developmentally he isn’t smiling at me… probably passing gas but still, he’s smiling at me.
6. FYI, newborns sleeps when they’re supposed to be awake and are awake when they are supposed to be asleep. Just felt like you should know this fact. This was during his “awake time” this morning…
7. Yes I realize I should be showering instead of writing this blog post while he’s napping. Blurg.